The trees are blooming and the sun is shining. Spring is almost upon us and you know what that means – spring cleaning! We are going to lay out some hacks that will hopefully make this year’s spring cleaning a breeze.
- Clean all television and computer screens with a coffee filter! This inexpensive trick will remove fingerprints and dust without the risk of damaging the screen.
- To clean the dreaded cast iron skillet use coarse salt and scrub.
- Remove the grime from your keyboard with a cotton swab and a tooth brush. More detailed instructions here.
- Try keeping all of your condiments in the fridge organized with a lazy susan!
- Before you get rid of all your clothes, use the hanger trick. Place your clothes on the hanger backwards and if the hanger stays backward for a couple months–get rid of that clothing item.
- Gather pet fur off the carpet with a glass squeegee.
- Use Coca-Cola to remove toilet stains. Directions here.
- Rub a lemon on water stains in your shower or bathtub to remove the grime/stains.
Using these tricks will not only save time but will also save money. We hope that this list will make your spring cleaning bearable and maybe even a little more fun than usual! What kind of tricks do you use to make your spring cleaning easier?