Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning


Have you ever wondered how to tell if there is too much carbon monoxide in the air? There are a lot of different ways to know that you have carbon monoxide poisoning once the symptoms start showing. We don’t know about you, but we would rather know that there is a dangerous level of carbon monoxide before the symptoms of poisoning start. So, how do you tell if there are dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in your home?

maxresdefault (2)

The Mayo Clinic states, “Carbon monoxide poisoning is caused by inhaling combustion fumes. When too much carbon monoxide is in the air you’re breathing, your body replaces the oxygen in your red blood cells with carbon monoxide. This prevents oxygen from reaching your tissues and organs.” Carbon monoxide is colorless and doesn’t have a fragrance. If you start feeling any of these symptoms seek emergency care: a dull headache, weakness, dizziness, nausea or vomiting, shortness of breath, confusion, blurred vision, or loss of consciousness.

Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 2.28.37 PM (1)

Live your life without fear and get a wireless carbon monoxide detector. This detector will always be there, like a fire alarm, to watch for dangerous CO2 levels in your home. It is always better to be safe and to keep our minds at ease! If you see signs of carbon monoxide poisoning be sure to step outside, get fresh air, and seek out emergency care.

+ There are no comments

Add yours